Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My name is Laura and I'm a couponaholic

First off I wanna give a HUGE shout out to one of my friends, Shannon, for helping me with my blog last night. I wanted to make it all pretty and of course, not having a clue what I was doing, messed it up royally. However she came in and saved the day for me and now it's all beautiful again! Shannon has a blog as well, Bit of Blue Sky, and she has awesome recipes, crafts, and alot of helpful advice when it comes to deployments and how to deal. The link to her blog is on this page, go on over and check her out! 

I have discovered a new love for couponing. I have watched Extreme Couponing, and while most of the people on that show take it to the extreme, I have always secretly wanted to know how to save money on groceries and home good products. Clothes and makeup even. I am not a numbers person, so the thought of doubling and buy one get one and all the rules really made me nervous. But after clipping a few coupons and my hubby talking about it with me I decided to give it a try. My first time I saved close to $10.00. And while that doesn't seem like much, I was floored. You mean to tell me that these little pieces of paper, is basically $10.00 worth of cash back in my pocket? From then I was hooked! I went again today, and they doubled all my $1 coupons as well as everything up to .99 cents. My total was originally $31.23 before taxes and at the end my total came to $18.54 after taxes! So I saved 43% (or so my receipt tells me)! I can't believe all this time it was THAT easy. I kick myself now at the large groceries bills I was spending money on. Never again will I do that! I am already planning my trip for next week and I am hoping each time I learn (and save!) even more. I'm curious, do you coupon or know anyone who does?

Well after a long, but beautiful day (the weather was AMAZING), I am going to relax and eat a homemade oreo I whipped up yesterday. Oh yeah, they are as incredible as they sound. Thanks to Pinterest for the recipe! I just might have to post it tomorrow (hint hint)

- Laura

P.S... Are you diggin' the playlist I put on here this afternoon?! It's just a few of my favorite songs. Hope you are jammin' in your computer chairs! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones