Tuesday, March 6, 2012

banana pancakes?!

Hey there!

A long time ago, I decided to make a blog to write in while my husband was deployed. And because of my busy schedule, and my procrastination/laziness, I never wrote in it. I think I had two entries. I even forgot the login information, so my two lonely entries are floating around in cyberspace somewhere. Sad emoticon. Anywho, we are getting ready for deployment again and I am determined this time to stick with it! I love reading my friends and families blogs, and I get so many great tips and ideas from them! I want to do the same with my blog, as well. I have always loved being in the kitchen, whether it's cooking or baking, so I am excited to share with you some amazing recipes and great tips. I am also really into crafts, I love making something and displaying it in our home. Be on the lookout for my craft projects and tips and secrets I discover along the way.

The reason why I named my blog "banana pancakes" is - well, aside from my passion for food - after the Jack Johnson song. I am personally a fan and whenever I hear this song, I think of my husband. The song talks about how he wishes they can be together all day without any interruptions and as long as they are together everything would be okay. They didn't need anything else but each other. The military is a hard lifestyle, and while I often wish we could shut the world off and have all the time in the world together, I understand what his job means and his responsibilities. I am proud to be a sailor's wife and it makes me happy to support him any way I can. But that songs always holds a special place in my heart, because even if him and I can't be together every single day, I still feel like we can conquer the world together no matter what. 

Thanks in advance for reading my blog, both past and present. Looking forward to sharing it with you (and I promise I will not be such a slacker this time around!)

- Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones