Saturday, March 17, 2012

Longest... week... ever!

Tomorrow is one week of deployment down, and for some reason - this week as felt like an eternity. This deployment really snuck up on me, so the fact that it's only been a week makes it even harder to grasp the fact that it's happening. The first month is always the longest, but as time goes on and you start getting busier time seems to speed up a little. I know that will be the case this time around, but I guess my heart is still hurting from him being away. My hubby and I were saying how time feels like it's going so slow when we are apart, but when we are together again it's like no time has passed at all. I am so lucky to hear from him when I do, and I cherish every word he sends me. I know that will help make the time we are apart that much easier. 

I also went back to work this week. I was fortunate enough to have some time off to spend with my husband while he was on leave and before he left. So getting back into the swing of things is always hard. However I love my job and I am so blessed to have a place I can be creative, meet people, and give people something to be proud of. When they sit in my chair I know that they are coming to me to make them look and feel beautiful! And my guests are the best guests in the whole world, so they make everyday fun! :) 

I am spending this St Patty's day at HOME, and it's just what I need. Some time to relax, veg out and eat corned beef and cabbage. I put it in the crockpot before I left for work this morning so I came home to my house smelling awesome! Crockpot cooking is something I love and you can do SO many things with a crockpot. I found a recipe for potato soup in the crockpot that I might try out this week! 

Everyone have a fun (and safe!) St Patrick's Day! I have a date with my furbabies, cookies, and my couch!


- Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones